Help me get my stuff back!

I used Infogami.com for some of my personal research. Now it's shut down and I want my research back, but I can't get to it.

Infogami used to be a simple wiki/personal page host with some features I liked (eg. Markdown instead of HTML). Now they've shut it down (without any kind of notice, if I may add), I can't get to my pages anymore and emailing them at the address provided (feedback/at/infogami.com) gives me the following daemon error:
Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1)/
I'm_not_going_to_try_again;_this_message_has_been_in_the_queue_too_long./

My site was password-protected so the content doesn't show up in Google Cache. Or in Google at all (I guess I checked the option for the site not to be indexed).

Does anyone have any ideas how I can contact them or get back my research? Do you know who the owners are and how to reach them? Is there some hack I could use to see my stuff?
posted by gakiko to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

Aaron Swartz is the owner. Try sending mail to me@aaronsw.com. If that doesn't work, send me MeFiMail. Aaron is a friend of a friend.
posted by paulus andronicus at 12:32 AM on October 28, 2009

You might do a Whois search on "infogami.com", to get contact information. No guarantee this information is valid or points to the right person, but it might help.
posted by Blazecock Pileon at 12:32 AM on October 28, 2009

Ok, I sent the mail to Aaron and now I'm waiting to see what happens. Thanks for the help guys!
posted by gakiko at 2:12 AM on October 28, 2009

The front page of Infogami tells you to email feedback@infogami.com if you want your data back. I'd try that first.
posted by jillsy_sloper at 9:33 AM on October 28, 2009

jillsy_sloper, I tried that, like I wrote. The address doesn't work, because I get a daemon error in response.
posted by gakiko at 2:49 AM on October 29, 2009

« Older Is this piece of finished clot...   |  Which products or goods improv... Newer »