Background mysteries within "Away We Go"

IdentificationFilter: I watched "Away We Go" this weekend and need help identifying this song and also finding an online retailer for this lamp (or something close). Ready . . . set . . . go!

- The song started driving me crazy as soon as I heard it. My parents had an electronic keyboard (circa 1996) that had maybe 10 built-in synth tracks that you could play along with, and this song was one of them. I used to play along with it a lot, so when I heard it in the movie this weekend, a rush of memories hit me like a brick wall and I suddenly had a mystery to solve.

- The lamp is just cute and we would like to acquire it or something similar as an addition to our "woodland animals" themed nursery.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
posted by siclik to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

Also, I've listened to all of the songs on the soundtrack, and none of them are the song in question.
posted by siclik at 1:44 PM on October 26, 2009

Point for the first round goes to Aardvark! Song has been correctly identified as "Night Birds" by Shakatak.

Anyone want to take a shot at the lamp?
posted by siclik at 2:12 PM on October 26, 2009

If anyone's interested in this thread still, I was put in touch with the movie's set decorator. She told me she bought the lamp from Kreativa for Kids, located in Miami, FL.

The lamp is called "Owl Lamp Tall". It's not currently listed on their site (although there are a lot of other cute lamps), so I'll try contacting them directly today.

Thanks, again, goes to the Aardvark user who put me in touch with the set decorator.
posted by siclik at 11:27 AM on October 27, 2009

« Older I'm going to be in Gainesville...   |  Can you tell me about your exp... Newer »