I used to have a dearth of iPhones. Now I have a glut of iPhones.
October 23, 2009 1:11 PM Subscribe
Last week I lost my iPhone. Yesterday my new iPhone was delivered. Today we discovered my original iPhone lying face-down in my front yard. Now what?
posted by harperpitt to Technology (13 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
After drinking way too much bourbon, I woke up last week to find that my iPhone 3GS had disappeared. After tearing up the house looking for it, I resigned myself to the fact that it was lost or stolen, and I bought a replacement.
Through at&t's website, I "upgraded" my phone to a refurbished 3G model with only 8GB of memory, as opposed to the 16 my 3GS had. I paid $250 and reset my contract to get this new refurbished model, which was delivered yesterday.
Today, my roommate discovered my first iPhone laying face-down in the mud of our front lawn. Its sturdy rubber casing prevented it from getting any (obvious) damage, and it boots up just fine. Obviously, I have no idea if there are any problems with the phone I can't see.
So now what do I do?
- Can I return the crappier iPhone to at&t? Can I get my money back, or my contract changed back?
- Should I do this, or is the second iPhone (crappier though it may be) safer, since it's never been exposed to water?
- Can I take the iPhone Mark I to an Apple store to find out if there's any insidious damage I can't see?
- Is there anything else I should be thinking about here?
- Can/should I make the iPhones duel to the death?