A cute bra in a large size?

Does anyone know where I can find a bra with a super cute and girly pattern in a larger size?

Last time I was at Target, I saw all these super cute cotton bras with patterns--stars, butterflies, rainbow dots, whatever (like this one or this one from Victoria's Secret. Those are not the best examples, but clearly I don't know where to look!) Anyway, few of these bras are sized above a 34 or 36 C, and none are in my size. So where can I get a cute bra (probably intended at the 15-year-old set, but I don't care) in a larger size (38D or above)? In my experience, larger size bras are generally staid in terms of color/pattern.

Note that I am not looking for sexy/lacy/whatever, just cute and fun.
posted by leesh to Shopping (14 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

VS goes up to a 38DD in some of their cute patterned cotton bras. An upscale-ish department store will have larger sizes in cute bras (in St. Louis/midwest, I preferred Dillards). We also have an awesome lingerie specialty store in St. Louis - Ann's Bra Shop that has an online shop. You might be able to find one in your area, too.
posted by honeybee413 at 7:59 AM on October 12, 2009

Ooh, you're totally right about VS cotton--they do have some cute patterns! (They just don't have them in stores, I guess). Thanks! (But I am happy to hear more ideas as well.)
posted by leesh at 8:06 AM on October 12, 2009

Torrid has a few cute things.
posted by kimdog at 8:08 AM on October 12, 2009

I have been a fan of Lane Bryant's Cacique line of bras & underwear. They carry only the larger sizes (probably 36B and above).

The selection online is bad (mostly the heavy looking lace), but I often see bright colors and patterns in the stores, especially on the sale racks! I know they had a lot of that this past spring and summer.
posted by aabbbiee at 8:10 AM on October 12, 2009 [1 favorite]

Some of Aerie's bras go up to 38DD, not sure if they have the full size range in stores or online only.
posted by Metroid Baby at 8:12 AM on October 12, 2009

Thanks, those are all really awesome!
posted by leesh at 8:16 AM on October 12, 2009

Check for the "curvy fit" in the Flirtitude brand at JCPenney. I saw some cute ones in the 38D range there the other day.
posted by LeiaS at 8:34 AM on October 12, 2009

H&M usually goes up to 38D.
posted by Windigo at 8:42 AM on October 12, 2009

That Flirtitude brand is exactly what I'm looking for!

I don't have access to an H&M, alas.
posted by leesh at 8:49 AM on October 12, 2009

It appears that your question has been answered, but my wife has had good luck ordering things from Bravissimo
posted by Fleebnork at 9:02 AM on October 12, 2009

I'd be happy to get more answers!
posted by leesh at 9:03 AM on October 12, 2009

Your question is a good one - I googled "fun larger size bras" and guess what was the first hit? THIS QUESTION. Sheesh!

Have you checked out Dillards' lingerie department? There was a gal with a Eastern European accent there who was very helpful to me the last time I was in need of brassieres. Not that any of mine are fun in any way, though :-)
posted by pinky at 9:47 AM on October 12, 2009

No, I hadn't tried there--thanks for the tip. :)
posted by leesh at 10:38 AM on October 12, 2009

b.tempt'd makes fairly high-quality bras that are cute and in larger sizes. I have also had luck with some of Wacoal's bras (b.tempt'd is a Wacoal line aimed at a younger customer, I believe). Sometimes Chantelle might have what you are looking for.

One unfortunate thing to keep in mind is that cotton or lace bras don't tend to offer as much support. That's why larger size bras are usually more boring looking -- form follows function.
posted by k8lin at 11:49 AM on October 12, 2009

« Older Looking for a documentary I on...   |  I'm a 29 year old male and I h... Newer »