Etymology &

How can I add an etymology reference/resource to Apple's

Not even sure if this is possible but I'm looking for something along the lines of ...

If there are nothing like this available what would be involved in creating either a standalone app or resource plugin for

Thank you again, Metafilter. : )
posted by jofuu to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)
Well, I don't know what you're talking about. already has a comprehensive etymological entry for most words.
posted by Electrius at 10:58 AM on October 8, 2009

Also, is just a version of the New Oxford American Dictionary. I don't think you could just add to it. Also, what Electrius said.
posted by hwickline at 11:27 AM on October 8, 2009

Actually, the dictionary app can access a number of sources right out of the box, including Wikipedia, dictionaries for other languages, etc. This project can apparently format a source so that can use it. Getting the source is another problem. Clearly Apple is using some kind of API to access Wikipedia. I doubt eymonline offers one.
posted by adamrice at 3:09 PM on October 8, 2009

« Older Short version: I was fired for...   |  I need an SBA loan yesterday. ... Newer »