Join 3,433 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Tha ma ra boum de hé (not the dirty schoolyard chant)
October 4, 2009 7:11 PM   Subscribe

Can anybody track down a version of "Tha ma ra boum de hé" or "Tah Rah Rah Boom Di Ay" performed on solo accordion (no vocals or anything)? A digital version is preferred but if I need to track down an old LP somewhere I'm willing to go on a quest.
posted by Overzealous to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

"Tha ma ra boum de hé"

?? That is a spelling I have never seen before. The most common spelling is "Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay", with "Ta Ra Ra Boom Di Ay" a close second. It was originally "Ta Ra Ra Boom Der E" but one rarely sees that.

I say this not to be super nitpicky, but because knowing the more common spellings might help you find what you're looking for.
posted by Sidhedevil at 8:10 PM on October 4, 2009

Thanks. Yeah, there are about a million variations on the spelling (as evidenced here) but I can't seem to stumble across an accordion version amongst them.
posted by Overzealous at 5:42 AM on October 5, 2009

Walt Solek has a polka-band version which is heavy on the accordion on Rhapsody. Not solo accordion, though.

there are about a million variations on the spelling

True, but I think that the three I gave are the ones that are going to be on printed sheet music, so they are probably key to include in any searches. The song's only a bit over 100 years old.
posted by Sidhedevil at 7:32 AM on October 5, 2009

« Older Help us find a great first ann...   |  Good coffee hangout, Somervill... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.