Help! I have to move to Haarlem, Netherlands from the UK in 4 weeks.
October 1, 2009 4:02 AM Subscribe
Sudden move from the UK to Haarlem, Nederlands in 5 weeks. I have a couple of questions... (more inside)
posted by gonzo_ID to travel & transportation around Haarlem, The Netherlands (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Hello. Mrs Gonzo_ID has jot a job in Amsterdam and so the family need to move over ASAP. We've decided on Haarlem as it should be cheaper than Amsterdam. I have some questions:
1. Can anybody Recommend a good housing rental agency for expats in Haarlem?
2. We have a kid (<12m) and so where do I start looking for Nursery / Nanny / Au Pair? Any recommendations?
2. Anybody been to Haarlem and can give recommendations for Dutch language classes, tai chi classes, rowing club, gym ikea, etc...
3. I'm a freelance designer and so will have to adjust to Dutch clients. Whats my status according to UK National Insurance and Dutch tax? Where do I initially search to find out about expat tax, running business in Holland, banking, etc... sorry it is vague but I'm not sure where to begin.
4. General advice on how an english person can survive in the Netherlands. I'm going to learn Dutch, buy a bicycle, and wet weather gear to walk the dog. Is there anything REALLY OBVIOUS that I am missing.
Many thanks. Apologies if it is a bit vague, but we only found out yesterday and so we're right in the beginning stages.