Help me find this specific interview with Kim Deal regarding the Pixies.

It was either on MTV or VH1 within the past 10 years. If I remember correctly it could have been part of some countdown list. The interview kept on cutting to footage of the Pixies playing live. Kim Deal stated that she had never extended the ending of their songs. She then said something along the lines of never playing some particular riff at the end of their songs before in her life and then did it for the interview. The video wasn't very long and I must have seen it within the past 4 years. However I got linked to the interview it mentioned that the Pixies were a minimalist band. It always struck me as a very notable point about the Pixies that I hadn't considered. Now that I'm seeing them in a few months I've been searching for this clip but have been unsuccessful.
posted by drid9ghots to Media & Arts (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Hey! Might be the documentary LOUDquietLOUD. Or maybe Gouge, which I've seen on the Documentary Channel. A couple of things to check, anyway. Enjoy the show! The Pixies were one of those bands that I would never miss when they came around, back when there were bands that I would never miss when they came around.
posted by Mountain Goatse at 3:38 PM on September 22, 2009

« Older Is the music you listen to gen...   |  After I had a party last year ... Newer »