هَمْلِت في العربي؟

Does anyone know where I can obtain online a copy of Hamlet's famous soliloquy "To be, or not to be..." in Arabic?

I have Googled and came across many an article on the difficulty of accurately rendering the meaning, but sadly no actual copy.
posted by Biru to Writing & Language (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I found this forum where parts of the play are translated into Arabic. Further down the page, someone posted a link to a .zip file that contained the full text, but since these posts were from 2006, unfortunately, the link no longer works.

I found that page by putting an alif between the haa and miim, so that the transliteration reads as هاملت. That might help you get some more search results for the play in Arabic.
posted by sabira at 9:44 AM on September 10, 2009

Here's one. I cannot vouch for its accuracy or quality, except inasmuch as Google Translate seems to indicate that it at least follows the gist of the original.
posted by jedicus at 9:46 AM on September 10, 2009

Thanks so much jedicus!
posted by Biru at 3:37 PM on September 10, 2009

« Older Ambiguous date requests....   |  How to feel sexy in my skin fo... Newer »