Why are we planning New Year's Eve this early?
August 31, 2009 6:27 PM Subscribe
My friends and I trying to plan New Year's Eve. Help us figure out if New Orleans or Miami would be better...
posted by unexpected to Travel & Transportation (15 answers total)
Even though it's August, my friends want to plan New Year's Eve. We've narrowed it down to two choices: Miami or New Orleans, and we're having trouble deciding.
If you have any experience with either of these two cities (especially around New Year's) I'd appreciate your input.
1) We'd stay on Bourbon St. All the action is centrally located here.
2) Sugar Bowl is going on. It would have lots and lots of people
3) We feel like drinks/entertainment would be cheaper here.
1) NO seems to be a lot more "dirty" - especially Post-Katrina
2) There doesn't seem to be much to do besides drinking.
3) Potentially colder
Miami (South Beach)
1) BEACH! (Though weather seems to be hit or miss)
2) More glamorous
3) Seems to have more non-drinking activities
4) Potentially warmer
Cons: (Basically the NO Pros)
1) We're a pack of 7 guys. I feel like we'd have an easier time getting into places in NO than Miami
2) Miami nightlife is going to be more expensive
3) Everything is more spread out in Miami - a lot of time in cabs traveling to and fro, no central location like vegas.
So HiveMind, I turn to you. If anyone has experience with either of this two cities (especially on NYE), I'd appreciate the input.
Let me know if you want more info about us, and our tastes.