Just bought an iPhone - how can I get maximum use from it?
August 28, 2009 12:06 PM Subscribe
How can I get maximum use from my iPhone?
posted by jlstitt to Technology (20 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite
OK so I joined the Apple iPhone club (3G) and I'm really enjoying the phone. I've had it for about two weeks and found a lot of the features to be surprisingly useful.
My questions are:
1. What are the must-have applications for iPhone? I'm just a regular 9-5 type office worker with no kids at home and a small group of friends and family that I normally communicate with. Mid-thirties.
2. What are some cool web sites that I can use with my new iPhone?
3. Is there any way to make the keyboard full-size, so I don't constantly fat-finger text entry?
4. I just read that Amazon will be giving Kindle-like access to the iPhone. Are there any other content delivery sites that do anything like this (for audio, video, text, whatever?)
5. Seems like it should be easy to find out but... I'd like to make a web site of my own that works well in the iPhone. What sort of things should I keep in mind whilst developing it? (I'm a full-time java web application developer, so be as technical as you like)