Any recommendations for a tailor in Beijing?

I am female, visiting Beijing briefly. I would like to get blouses and slacks made while I am there. I am too tall for off-the-peg.
posted by Idcoytco to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total)

Are you asking for tailor recommendations?
posted by TWinbrook8 at 4:51 AM on August 18, 2009

Yep -- I can never get the Mefi bits of questions in the right places -- The title says "Any recommendations for a tailor in Beijing?" but of course it doesn't show on the Ask page.
posted by Idcoytco at 6:39 AM on August 18, 2009

Honestly Beijing isnt really a textile city, that being said I have had a suit made there, but I forgot where I had it done. Do not go to silk market for this though as its just a bunch of t-shirts for Lao Wai's.

Your best bet is to go down to Shanghai.
posted by BobbyDigital at 8:57 AM on August 18, 2009

Thanks, had a quick stopover in Shanghai before and got a nice (and affordable) jacket from Silk King. So this trip I planned the stopover in Beijing instead -- the clothes are only a sideline! Silk King appear to have a shop at Qianmen Commercial District. May try that for blouses, I guess.
posted by Idcoytco at 11:08 AM on August 18, 2009

« Older Just got fired. How do I use ...   |  How can I run my 32 bit softwa... Newer »