Name That Tune

I'm going crazy trying to find the title of a Wilco song I heard yesterday. It's a song that references women from different parts of the country wanting to "get with" the protagonist. My efforts to search their lyrics by album has come up fruitless.
posted by dagnyduquette to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

If you remember more fragments of the text, you might be able to find it by doing a site search of this site (e.g add site:bemydemon.org to your google search, etc).
posted by effbot at 8:20 AM on August 1, 2009

You could go through each link on this page. It's lyrics to all the Wilco songs. I thought I knew Wilco quite well but can't think of the song in question, and I looked at a few of those pages..
posted by wackybrit at 9:29 AM on August 1, 2009

Are you sure that it was a Wilco song or did you think that because Jeff Tweedy was singing? He shows up in a lot of places: Uncle Tupelo, Golden Smog, The Minus 5, Loose Fur and random solo stuff.
posted by octothorpe at 9:54 AM on August 1, 2009

I'm a pretty devoted Wilco fan, and that doesn't sound like the narrative thrust of any of their songs to me. I'm with octothorpe that it's from a side project.
posted by mkultra at 10:21 AM on August 1, 2009

I thought I heard the same song on Radio Paradise yesterday, but I checked the playlist history on the site, and they only played one Wilco song yesterday and it's not the one you're thinking of. Nor is it the one Jeff Tweedy song they have in their playlist. Nor did they play something with lyrics like these on Thursday. However, I was listening to kcrw on Thursday, not RP, I think. Do you remember where you heard it, at least?

Thanks, now it's going to drive me crazy too!
posted by zinfandel at 6:19 PM on August 1, 2009

I was listening to Channel 63, Outlaw Country, on Sirius satellite radio. None of the previously recommended sites turned up anything. I'm still searching...
posted by dagnyduquette at 2:30 PM on August 6, 2009

« Older If I use Google Voice for a ce...   |  So, I have a roommate. I love ... Newer »