Lord of the Rings Questions
December 13, 2004 1:30 AM Subscribe
IDontHaveTimeToReadTheBookFilter - I have some questions about the LOTR movie trilogy that can only be answered by those who have actually read the books. (mi+)
posted by invisible ink to media & arts (42 answers total)
Answer however many you can, thanks in advance to everyone who responds - all of these have been nagging me for the longest time.
The Fellowship of the Ring
1. In the beginning when Cate Blanchett is talking about how all the rings were being made, who was making them?
2. After the first Ring was lost, why didn't Sauron order one of his groupies to just make another one?
3. How does Gollum lose the ring - in other words, how does Bilbo find it?
4. How did Sauron go from being a giant ugly-looking creature to some glowing eye? When Isildor chopped off his finger, why didn't he just stay in that same form (minus the finger)? And while I'm at it, how did he get there? (I'm assuming someone had to construct that interesting-looking contraption for anchoring his fiery eyeball).
5. How old was Frodo when the Ring came to him? (i.e. in human years, how old would he have been?)
Return of the King
1. Why was the fate of the Ring particularly tied to the fate of Arwen, but not to any other elf? In other words, why was she on the verge of death, but her father or Legolas weren't?
2. Why did Frodo have to leave the shire? Obviously, the burden of destroying the Ring had changed him, but why did he have to leave all of his friends and the place where he grew up? And where was the ship taking him and the others to?