Dual-layer DVD experience

What's your experience with burning "on the fly" DVDs using dual layer media? Does it create a lot of coasters? Do stand alone DVD players play burned dual layer media well?
posted by skallas to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

My theory as to why you haven't gotten any answers: those of us who have dual layer capable burners are all waiting for the price of media to drop until we start experimenting. I know I am.
posted by PinkStainlessTail at 6:26 PM on December 11, 2004

I agree. I haven't found a single use for dual layer burning that wouldn't be cost prohibitive. No point in buying the device now when it'll take a year at least for the dvd's to become remotely affordable.
posted by drpynchon at 7:31 PM on December 11, 2004

That's what I suspected. My burner does do dual layer and was pretty cheap, but the media is still pricey. Oh well, there goes my dream of on the fly copying for now.
posted by skallas at 9:04 AM on December 12, 2004

« Older NYC Travel Help: I need some ...   |  What's up with Scandinavian la... Newer »