How to add languages to a MediaWiki?

Is there an online idiot's guide to adding another language to a MediaWiki?

I am a total newbie who, with the help of a tech savy friend, got a small wiki up and running. I am using it to describe some under-documented indigenous language which I am researching as part of my dissertation, and it is quickly growing. For now it is in English, but eventually I would like to grow it to be in Spanish, Portuguese, and even the native language itself.

I checked out a bunch of links online and I see they are instructions, but they seem especially complicated, and involve a lot of stuff I don't understand.

Does anyone know of instructions with a simple step-by-step process detailing how to do this? I feel over my head...

Thanks a lot!
posted by mateuslee to Technology (1 answer total)

Your best bet is to probably go to MediaWiki, which is the wiki for, erm, MediaWiki.
posted by dirtynumbangelboy at 2:04 AM on July 9, 2009

« Older Is there an online white pages...   |  Do you know anything about a (... Newer »