Nerd-tastic Philadelphia

Nerdfilter: Where are the biggest and best nerd stores in Philadelphia?

Specifically, I'm looking for Games Workshops and other purveyors of Warhammer paraphernalia. I know there are a couple of GW stores; which is the better of them, though? And are any of the "independent retailers" of GW products better than the official store? Finally, what of local comic shops? I'll be going to the Philadelphia Comic Convention, but are there any stores that qualify as must-sees for a nerd-tastic trip?

posted by Edelweiss to Travel & Transportation around Philadelphia, PA (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Brave New World. Nerdtastic, indeed.
posted by piratebowling at 8:13 PM on June 30, 2009 [1 favorite]

Franklin Mills has a Games Workshop. King of Prussia has one too & also The Compleat Strategist & Comics and More (if memory serves this is actually a couple blocks from the mall, not in it).
posted by scalefree at 8:30 PM on June 30, 2009

Oh & how could I forget Fat Jack's Comic Crypt, one of the best comic book stores in the country.
posted by scalefree at 8:36 PM on June 30, 2009

The Video Library around 41st and Locust expanded to have a comic books and tabletop gaming section that looks pretty vibrant.
posted by god particle at 8:48 PM on June 30, 2009

How about Germ Books? They don't sell gaming stuff, but they do have all sorts of excellent counter-culture, operation mindfuck kinda material. Definitely must-see.
posted by Netzapper at 1:05 AM on July 1, 2009

2nding Brave New Worlds. Great guys there.
posted by The Michael The at 3:47 AM on July 1, 2009

« Older Wondering the title of a movie...   |  Sandalfilter: Australian shoe,... Newer »