How do I get permanent Now Playing info on iTunes for Windows?

As far as I can tell, iTunes (Windows) can put Now Playing info onscreen, but it goes away after 10 seconds. What am I missing? Is it possible to get the Now Playing info to stay on screen? Bonus points if I can get album artwork up there too.
posted by luser to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

I don't think ther'es a permanent option for it in iTunes.

But I'm actually looking for a small project to learn C# with... sounds like the perfect thing. Mind if I code it up?
posted by cheaily at 7:49 AM on December 7, 2004

Mind? I encourage it. Thanks for offering.
posted by luser at 8:04 AM on December 7, 2004

Awesome. I'll figure out a way to post it once i'm done :)
posted by cheaily at 8:09 AM on December 7, 2004

Wait, I think I just found the answer at ipodlounge. See if this works, if you've got iTunes up right now (I don't have it at work)

partsmutt
Freshman Lounger

Registered: Sep 2004
Location:
Posts: 10
Got it!
Obviously I'm not getting my work done I just figured out how to turn it on and off. First put the visualizer in a mode other than full screen. Start a song. Click the visualizer button. In the upper right corner is an options button. Click that and choose the option to always show song info. Now it will stay on, even in full screen mode.

This works here at work on the pc. I haven't tried it at home yet.
posted by luser at 8:17 AM on December 7, 2004

« Older I would like to see all 37 of ...   |  Garbage disposal/dishwasher pa... Newer »