Music that helps drain that game winning three.

Can anyone tell me the name of this piece of music? (Warning: Splicd/Youtube link of teh oldskool basketball)

It appears on 'Larry Bird: A basketball legend', an NBA home video production from the early nineties (hence the link), though I think this is not the only NBA video I have heard it on from that era. I used to watch these videos religiously, I always loved this composition and would love to track down a recording for posterity.
posted by nudar to Media & Arts (4 answers total)

It sounds like incidental/filler music from a stock library. You could probably get an idea of where it came from by scouring the credits.
posted by ReiToei at 4:31 AM on June 7, 2009

NFL Films has had bespoke musical scores produced. It's possible this is something that NBA Home Video (or whatever -- this seems to be from Team Marketing) had composed.

At any rate, my inclination is that this sounds too generic to be anything special.
posted by dhartung at 4:04 PM on June 7, 2009

Sam Spence - Raider Might.
posted by cashman at 10:57 AM on March 5, 2010

Gigantic gold star for cashman.
posted by nudar at 5:36 PM on March 13, 2010

« Older I'm a female in my early 20s a...   |  Namethatbookfilter: Post-war B... Newer »