Couples bonding... or (?)

I'm looking for books and articles about (for back of a better term) "couples bonding" - the way in which couples befriend other couples and reinforce one another's relationships through social interaction and emotional bonding. Is there a real term for this? Are there any folks who have written about this that aren't too pop-psych?
posted by mykescipark to Human Relations (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

you might want to recategorize this under writing and language (instead of human relations)...?
posted by whimsicalnymph at 3:41 PM on May 28, 2009

My question isn't about the term, though, but about the phenomenon.
posted by mykescipark at 3:44 PM on May 28, 2009

I saw something about this in one of those Psychology Today-type magazines, I believe a May 2009 edition. You could check a book store for the article and see if they allude to any experts. I was in a doctor's waiting room, so I only skimmed it really quickly before they called me.
posted by salvia at 7:55 PM on May 28, 2009 [1 favorite]

I think what you're refering to is called "having friends" ?
posted by Neonshock at 12:57 AM on May 29, 2009

« Older What advice to you have for lo...   |  Which wireless digital picture... Newer »