Information Society

Is there an equivalent to free web metrics sites like Quantcast and Compete for the UK & Europe?

Quantcast and Compete have long been my go-tos for getting ballpark figures for Website traffic, audience demographics etc. I'm in the UK now and I'm finding that Quantcast and Compete's US-based panels are vastly underrating traffic to UK sites.

Are there any similar services that cater to the UK or European markets?
posted by CRM114 to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

google analytics?
posted by fozzie33 at 4:56 AM on May 21, 2009

Well, Google Analytics lets me monitor traffic to *my* site - what I'm looking for is something that lets me estimate traffic to *other people's* sites. Thanks, though!
posted by CRM114 at 4:59 AM on May 21, 2009

Alexa does lots of different countries.
posted by delmoi at 5:54 AM on May 21, 2009

Indeed, and it's certainly better than nothing, but Alexa only offers a non-transparent index ("this site is #3") as opposed to the extrapolated unique visitor counts, pageviews, etc. that Compete & Quantcast provide.
posted by CRM114 at 6:38 AM on May 21, 2009

« Older I own a 2001 Volvo V40 that do...   |  My Dad used to sing a song abo... Newer »