My friend is thinking about moving to Portland so we're going on a 7-day trip there this fall. Please recommend ways that we can spend our time to help give her a good feel of the city.
I found this great thread
, and I'm looking for some broader suggestions to supplement it. Bonus points for not-to-miss, non-chain places for us to eat while we're there.
Some additional details:
* She does not camp & not very out-doorsey (but would appreciate botanical gardens, parks etc.)
* She has a greyhound (any great dog parks?)
* She is artsy and appreciates areas/neighborhoods that have some funk and quirk to them
* We will have a rental car and are willing to drive a bit.
* She's an optician so we would love to stop by your favorite optical store to get the vibe and possibly meet people.
* We'll be there the beginning of September.
We would also really like to know what you love about the city.