Babies Looking in Diapers "There Is a Difference! Advertising What?"

There is a drawing of a boy and a girl baby looking into their diapers. It's an advertisement w/ heading, "There IS a difference!" Does anyone remember what product/ service this ad was for??
posted by mickeefynn to Society & Culture (14 answers total)

In Denver, Colorado there was a restaurant called "The Bull and Bush" that had that drawing as their logo. My cousin has a poster of it in her kitchen!
posted by BoscosMom at 6:44 AM on March 30, 2009

The plumbing and heating co. in my hometown in Maine has that same logo on the back of their honey wagon, except the caption is "There IS a difference in plumbing!".
posted by dunkadunc at 6:45 AM on March 30, 2009

Wasn't this an ad for diapers with extra-absorbency patterned for boys (up front) and girls (underneath?)
posted by desuetude at 6:49 AM on March 30, 2009

Looks like it's still there but that doesn't seem to be their logo anymore or maybe it was just an advertisement, that's sure the image I remember for the place though. I think her poster is from the 70's.
posted by BoscosMom at 6:53 AM on March 30, 2009

I've also seen it as a political cartoon. (Caption: "Oh, so this explains the difference in our salaries.")
posted by nebulawindphone at 6:53 AM on March 30, 2009

Previously. The thread has a link to the image in question, I believe.
posted by LittleKnitting at 6:59 AM on March 30, 2009

Also seen as an old-style logo on a package of German vegetables: "es gibt verschiedene!". This was in the early 1980s.
posted by scruss at 6:59 AM on March 30, 2009

Sounds similar to this one.
posted by wsg at 7:05 AM on March 30, 2009

wsg, that profile is set to private.
posted by dunkadunc at 7:08 AM on March 30, 2009

I always saw this in connection to the average discrepancy of men and women doing the same jobs.

I always thought that this was very "apt."
posted by Danf at 8:26 AM on March 30, 2009

I've never seen that image in relation to an ad, only as a sort of "cartoon" that got passed around.
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 9:40 AM on March 30, 2009

Many thanks everyone! I collect old restaurant ware and found a plate with this logo. I was able to find a 1913 ad for Heinz baked beans that showed two women exclaiming this phrase about that product but nothing with the logo of the babies. Here's a link to a jpg of the plate
posted by mickeefynn at 2:23 PM on March 30, 2009

"wsg, that profile is set to private."

Here's the one I was talking about.
posted by wsg at 4:49 PM on March 30, 2009

so true..................
posted by mickeefynn at 5:11 PM on April 29, 2009

« Older Name-this-song-filter: Soft, a...   |  Should I file my taxes?... Newer »