Enlighten my patio.

Does this lamp exist? I need a motion-activated flood/security light for the fenced patio right outside my bedroom, but I also want it to stay dimly lit during the remainder of the night and turn itself off in the morning. It needs to be weatherproof, and ugly is okay.
posted by halogen to Home & Garden (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I've never seen on at big box stores, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The easiest solution is two lights, one on a timer and one motion-activated. Those two things are easy to find at any hardware store.
posted by GuyZero at 3:55 PM on March 11, 2009 [1 favorite]

Found one! Apparently the Google term is "dim mode".
posted by halogen at 3:59 PM on March 11, 2009

Yes, I've seen a bunch of these recently at the local Home Depot. They also smoothly transitioned from bright to dim mode and back, which seems like it would be a lot less annoying to neighbors.
posted by FishBike at 4:04 PM on March 11, 2009

« Older Can I sing (or hum or whistle)...   |  I'm considering using 3M Comma... Newer »