Where to travel with my mom and sister?
March 5, 2009 11:15 AM Subscribe
Where should I take my mom and sister for a week of family bonding and exploring?
posted by brynna to travel & transportation (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
For my graduation gift, my family decided to give me an all-expenses paid one-week trip to anywhere. They wanted me to invite a friend, but since it's my last chance to spend time with my family before accepting a full-time job on the opposite coast (in Boston), I've decided that I want my travel companions to be my mom and my 16 year old sister.
So the question is: where to go?
1) with the added expense of my other family members going (instead of JUST me), the trip has to be a little bit less expensive, especially regarding airfare. Would like to keep airfare under $400 each, although trains and cars are also options.
2) Departing from Sacramento/San Francisco area. Trip can occur any time in June or July.
3) We have Hilton Points, so would be staying at a Hilton or Doubletree somewhere (I know these are all over, so it's not an issue of WHERE rather than just pointing out that accomodations are spoken for)
4) we are into food and quaintness, with an equal mix of relaxing and exploring.
5) some ideas we were considering were Costa Rica (mine), Montreal (my mom's) and North Carolina (my sister)... but we are still exploring other options!
6) If it were completely up to me and I was traveling alone, I would go somewhere like Morocco or Istanbul, but my mom is more of a coast-of-Maine or Carmel-by-the-Sea type.
Where can three women (45, 21, and 16 years of age) go for a unique week of bonding??