Help me find a Crunchbase-like widget and database combo for custom data display.

Is anyone aware of a widget and database like Crunchbase that I could use to display my own data on my web site? I'm looking for something where I could insert a tag onto the web page (or Wordpress post) to call data for that particular item from a database and display it in an intuitive format. The database could be accessible only by me, or could be a wiki. Does anyone have any leads? I've searched to no avail. Thanks!
posted by underdetermined to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
If you want to make your own database without installing anything, you could try .....not sure if there are any widgets, but I'm sure you can code something to interact with the database.

posted by AltReality at 5:51 PM on February 23, 2009

Why not just use the Custom Fields feature in Wordpress? Basically, it's just one new field for each piece of data you want to store/display.
posted by camworld at 9:00 AM on February 24, 2009

« Older Single word that means "t...   |  How can I find out ALL of the ... Newer »