Where to find exit polls online?

Where are you turning for exit poll data today?
posted by emptyage to Law & Government (12 answers total)

No one. Anyone who would put up a "leak" wouldn't be credible. NRO just reported +4 for Bush, and then +4 for Kerry in Ohio within 20 minutes. You've already seen what people are doing to game the voting mentality.

Exit polls will be relevant when the polls close, and there's tons of threads on that a few down.
posted by XQUZYPHYR at 11:05 AM on November 2, 2004

Electoral Vote Predictor
posted by Mwongozi at 11:21 AM on November 2, 2004

Mystery Pollster has an informative post on exit polls.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 11:25 AM on November 2, 2004

The credibility issue is why I wasn't wanting to turn to Drudge. But I just discovered Slate's going to publish them as well. Thanks.
posted by emptyage at 11:31 AM on November 2, 2004

Supposedly some will be available here, but they're getting hit really hard right now.
posted by gimonca at 11:36 AM on November 2, 2004

I thought VNS was out of business? how could those MyDD numbers be from them?
posted by amberglow at 11:52 AM on November 2, 2004

Besides MyDD, exit polls are available at Daily Kos.

The 2 PM numbers give Kerry a good lead in the upper midwest, except for Iowa, which is tied, and a small lead in the three big battleground states, except for PA, which appears to be a blowout for Kerry.

Take it with a grain of salt, but they say that Republicans generally tend to vote early, so these are at least a good sign for the Democrats.
posted by lackutrol at 11:55 AM on November 2, 2004

Also: amberglow, AP is doing the exit polling this time, as I understand it.
posted by lackutrol at 11:58 AM on November 2, 2004

From the Mystery Pollster article I linked above: "Also, despite what you may have heard on the West Wing, I know of no serious study showing a consistent Democratic or Republican tilt to the morning or evening hours."

And in the West Wing episode he refers to (which I just happened to catch on Bravo's marathon last night), Sam says that Republicans tend to vote late.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 12:06 PM on November 2, 2004

No, Edison Media Reseach and Mitofsky International are doing the exit polling. AP is counting votes reported by the precincts.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 12:09 PM on November 2, 2004

Chris Wallace said on "The Daily Show" last night that the NEP is more or less the exact same thing as the VNS, just with different initials.
posted by Sidhedevil at 12:13 PM on November 2, 2004

ohh. I hope that Bush cousin isn't still involved in it, like last time.
posted by amberglow at 12:24 PM on November 2, 2004

« Older How was voting today?   |   Is there an easy way to search through a range of... Newer »