Close Personal Friends of Baron Munchausen

Poster collectors: what's the value of this poster?

This is a teaser poster that is in mint condition and has lived in a professionally done frame for more than a decade (nearly since it was acquired). I've not seen it's like since.
posted by plinth to Media & Arts (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
10- 80 dollars...
posted by lee at 7:39 AM on January 22, 2009

I appreciate the eBay search, but none of those are teaser posters.
posted by plinth at 8:02 AM on January 22, 2009

I gotta say that's a real poser. Never seen it before, not a hint of it anywhere I can find. Any other info? Is it regular poster size? Any thing on the artist? Can you transcribe the text on it? Don't think I can help but with more data maybe somebody else can.
posted by nanojath at 3:40 PM on January 22, 2009

Couldn't hurt to check with this guy. One other interesting appraisal link. Sorry if I'm just rehashing searching you've already done. Please follow up if you find any interesting info, I'm just surprised at how not-anywhere-to-be-found that thing is!
posted by nanojath at 3:49 PM on January 22, 2009

No hits when I try TinEye.

You may have a nearly unique item that is difficult to price.
posted by dhartung at 4:12 PM on January 22, 2009

I'll post measurements and transcribe the text (it's at work, I'm at home).
posted by plinth at 5:01 PM on January 22, 2009

Rudy at is my father....I showed him the pic...assuming the size marks it as a movie poster and not a print from someplace he says $200-$300
posted by legotech at 6:32 PM on January 22, 2009

Holy crap. Thanks, legotech.
I've posted the full text of the poster in the flickr description.
It is definitely a movie poster, not a print.
posted by plinth at 7:45 AM on January 23, 2009

« Older I'm looking to regain online a...   |  I am seeking a digital enclycl... Newer »