Skip

Blingtastrophe!
December 30, 2008 11:04 PM   Subscribe

Where in Los Angeles (or within an hour's driving distance) can I get a whooooooooooole bunch of LR41 batteries on last-minute notice?

After a week and a half of already impressive screw-ups, my lovely online LED battery retailer has now sent me the wrong order for the third time. Today is, obviously, New Year's Eve. My costume requires approximately 300 LR41 batteries (or equivalent 1.5v miniature watch batteries such as AG3, 392, V3GA, RW87, G3, & SR41) - right now. Where can I go in L.A. to acquire such things in mass quantities?
posted by mykescipark to Shopping (8 answers total)

I would try Frys, even though they don't list LR41s on their (terribly crappy) website.
posted by b1tr0t at 11:30 PM on December 30, 2008

Yeah, Fry's (not at midnight). Or Walgreens (possibly at midnight).
posted by rhizome at 12:01 AM on December 31, 2008

Give TNR Technical a call at (714) 427-5175. They are a battery distributor with warehouse in several locations, including in Santa Ana, CA. They are willing to sell to customers who show up in person at their warehouse. There is a good chance they have LR41 batteries in the quantity you require (their sales department is generally helpful, so if they don't have what you need they can probably direct you to someone who does). They carry Maxwell LR series alkaline coin cells.
posted by RichardP at 12:21 AM on December 31, 2008

Electronic City over in Burbank has some similar batteries. They are one of the few places left in town that actually carries electronic stuff in bulk.

And, unlike Fry's, they are staffed by knowledgeable people.
posted by sideshow at 12:23 AM on December 31, 2008

With apologies for the off-question post, curious minds have to know---what does a costume powered by three hundred batteries look like? For the love of LEDs, please post a link or picture!
posted by richardhay at 8:44 AM on December 31, 2008

Longshot, but can you use LR44s instead? You can get them by opening up some 12V Energizer +A23 batteries.
posted by zippy at 9:16 AM on December 31, 2008

Used to walk by this place:

Battery City Inc‎ - more info »
8482 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA‎ - (323) 658-7520‎

When I lived near there. Give 'em a call.
posted by Doctor Suarez at 1:26 PM on December 31, 2008

In the interests of "solving" this question for future searchers, I managed to find a wholesale dealer in the Toy District who was willing to do a direct sale from their warehouse on a one-time basis: TCDeal.com.
posted by mykescipark at 8:41 AM on January 13, 2009

« Older Help! Where do I find a replac...   |  How do I add localization hook... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.