December 18, 2008 12:02 PM Subscribe
Question about gum bone grafting and dentures.
Asking for a friend if that's ok:
I just have gum bone grafting about 4 weeks ago. Now I am waiting for them to recover before I go for implants which will be between mid Feb 2009 to mid March 2009. I would like to get people's opinions from the internet on the type of denture which goes better with the implants. I am looking for the right denture which is:
1) Easier to take care of during cleaning.
2) Doesn't break easily-stronger.
3) Better looking - look more natural.
4) How often to go for cleaning with a hygienist
I am going to have 6 implants on the upper gum and 6 implants on the lower gum to support my dentures. I have extracted all my teeth. According to my periodontist at UBC, he has said that the dentures will be in 2 sections on the upper gum and also in 2 sections on the lower gum. But, I have no idea which kind of dentures is better. He said that I have 3 choices:
1) movable dentures (which has the pinkish part of the dentures covering the gums only and it will not cover the upper platelet of the gum).
2) Clip on fix dentures (which are metal and is heavier).
3) Bridge dentures which is also fixed
4) Overall which kind of the above 3 is better ?