Help me get my first passport.
October 27, 2008 11:44 AM Subscribe
I'm a 37-year-old American, about to get a passport for the first time for a trip in March, 2009 to Southern Sudan, with a little time in Uganda. Even though the trip is months away, I'd like to get my passport as soon as I possibly can, but I'm not sure what is the best way.
posted by 4ster to Travel & Transportation (22 answers total)
- I've never been trouble with the law.
- Every single member of my family that I have ever met or heard of was born in the United States and, other than military service, lived in the U.S. there whole lives.
- I live in Virginia and could drive to D.C. if I have to.
- I have a recent copy of my birth certificate.
- The trip is with the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church. The purpose of the trip is to "gain knowledge and understanding of the present issues prevalent in Sudan while raising awareness concerning the realities and the misconceptions about its land, people, resources, and conflicts."
- I will be staying in Sudan almost a week longer than the rest of the group, because I'm meeting a group of others from Virginia who are interested in building a school in Rumbek, Southern Sudan.
Thanks for your help, and please let me know if I've failed to provide relevant information.