Next up: modeling Main Street vs. Wall St

I want to play "the race card." Where can I print one out?

I've already seen this Magic card. I liked it, but I'm looking for something that isn't specific to a particular fandom.
posted by scission to Media & Arts (4 answers total)

Google images has tons, but I'm thinking you'd do better to just make your own.
posted by cjorgensen at 2:10 PM on October 13, 2008

Well, i tried Google Image Search but everything i found were quite partisan (or blatantly racist)...
That one seems more neutral
( First comment and I'm French so please be nice;) )
posted by Jaloux Saboteur at 2:18 PM on October 13, 2008

Yeah, a lot were a bit racist, but the actual idea is a bit impossible to do without being a bit bigoted.
posted by cjorgensen at 5:57 PM on October 13, 2008

Yeah, I didn't do a very good job of describing what I wanted. A number of the Google images were off-putting, although I found one that I liked after looking through it again, so actually, thanks for pointing out the obvious! :)

I wanted something more iconic (no photos) that referenced the incessant use of that phrase / accusation in the media, and the book cover that Jaloux Saboteur linked to does that well. I might also try making a text-based one from the ideas in Google images, since I'd like it to be broader (instead of being explicitly black and white).
posted by scission at 7:38 PM on October 13, 2008

« Older Eating disorders can make your...   |  I sent a thank-you note when I... Newer »