Miss Pettigrew, where are you?

The apartment in which the action of Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day is an amazing Deco spread to die for. I'd like to find out whether it was a real apartment or house, and if so, learn more about it, but IMDB can only take me so far. Ideas?
posted by DenOfSizer to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Filming locations included the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in Covent Garden, Whitehall Court in Westminster, and Pimlico. Interiors were shot in the Ealing Studios.
posted by mandal at 11:23 AM on October 11, 2008

I think it was all built for the movie. Here's a little article in EW on some of the set design pieces.
posted by saffry at 11:26 AM on October 11, 2008

Yer, it was a set in the Ealing Studios. I loved the silk wallpaper in the bedroom, and kept exclaiming at the awesomeness of the living room. Lovely.
posted by goo at 6:18 PM on October 11, 2008

The exterior shots of that apartment looked to me like they were filmed on John Adam St, just off the Strand, near the Savoy.
posted by roofus at 1:30 AM on October 12, 2008

« Older I've just inherited an old Hit...   |  What can I do about my doorbel... Newer »