Orthodontist recommendations in New York City?

I am considering getting braces for a second time. I have a serious overbite (that will need to be surgically corrected), a crossbite, and some miscellaneous gaps/rotations/general crookedness going on. (Needless to say, I am NOT a candidate for Invisalign.)

My dentist's recommendation was for the ortho. that I saw the first time in my youth...I'd rather see someone else (for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that after seven years as their patient, I don't appear as though I've ever had braces at all).

I'd prefer Brooklyn, but am open to Manhattan if a particular doctor is fabulous. Familiarity with adult patients is a plus. Thanks!
posted by cosmic osmo to Health & Fitness (1 answer total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Its in Manhattan, but I've had good experiences with this practice in Rockefeller Center. (Cheesy website warning!) Although I got Orthoclear/Invisalign, I know they also do traditional braces, as they were discussed as potential treatment options.

I've seen mostly adults in the waiting room during my visits. Dr. Hung in particular is a great guy.

http://www.manhattanortho.com/index2.html
posted by bleecker at 10:51 AM on September 20, 2008 [2 favorites]

« Older How much should I expect to pa...   |  Looking for a region-free (or ... Newer »