Song ID request: Doot Da Doot

Song ID request: I'm going nuts trying to find what song is playing during a promo ad on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. The ad is just an interstitial for Adult Swim, with a 30-second anime clip of a woman running around, flying out windows, etc. I think the anime is "Ghost in the Shell" but I'm not 100% sure. A techno/rock/pop song with a woman singing is going on in the background... anyone got a clue what this song is? Conventional Googling and searches on TV-song-related websites proved fruitless.
posted by XQUZYPHYR to Media & Arts (9 answers total)

Is she singing in English, Japanese, Russian or other?
posted by Tenuki at 4:25 PM on September 14, 2004

This one maybe?
posted by Tenuki at 4:37 PM on September 14, 2004

Adult Swim usually provides song info on its forum.
posted by Smart Dalek at 4:55 PM on September 14, 2004

Tenuki- no, but it's good anyway ;)

I've been looking at the AS boards... so far all I got is that the anime clip is definitely from GITS. But I haven't found anything yet, and there's a hell of a lot of mindless rambling in there to sort through.
posted by XQUZYPHYR at 6:00 PM on September 14, 2004

How about this one?
posted by Tenuki at 6:12 PM on September 14, 2004

Nope. I'm not actually sure if it's from GITS, only that that's the video they use in the promo. If you have cable, you should be watching Adult Swim anyway ;) so maybe if you're watching you'll see it... they show it fairly frequently, at least 2 or 3 times during the weekday night block.
posted by XQUZYPHYR at 6:24 PM on September 14, 2004

Just to be clear, you're looking in this Adult Swim forum (Registration Required) in the "Official" threads about their ad music? You may have to post your question there if you can't find a thread covering the music you're looking for.
posted by jca at 6:27 PM on September 14, 2004

Haven't been watching it recently. See all the stuff they have in the current rotation. I'll watch tonight and see if I can spot it.
posted by Tenuki at 6:28 PM on September 14, 2004

Ah. Got it, thanks to searching the Adult Swim Message Boards. It's "Doot Da Doot" by the Unloveables.
posted by XQUZYPHYR at 11:06 AM on September 16, 2004

« Older Need help in comparing weight ...   |  I'm looking for men's clog san... Newer »