How might I go about getting ahold of the org charts of other companies?

I have been tasked with obtaining the organizational charts of several large companies - some publicly traded, some not. I understand that in many cases, this kind of information is quite confidential. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can [legally] go about getting this information?
posted by mockjovial to Work & Money (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

For a publicly traded company, the top officers will be listed in the annual report.
posted by Class Goat at 12:35 PM on September 5, 2008

Companies sell this data, iProfile is one them. I know that the service is really expensive and don't know much more than that.
posted by ml98tu at 12:36 PM on September 5, 2008

Some resources you might try:

Forbes Org Chart Wiki
Cogmap (another wiki type)
The Conference Board (pay site)

For public companies, try their 10-K forms (available from the SEC), though not all will include that info.

You might also try just googling - sometimes you get lucky and find it on their website or included in a powerpoint.
posted by marginaliana at 12:39 PM on September 5, 2008

Thanks. I'll check those resources out. Specifically, I am trying to learn about Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) and Cargill.
posted by mockjovial at 12:48 PM on September 5, 2008

Hoovers.com
posted by punkfloyd at 1:03 PM on September 5, 2008

Call Investor Relations at the two companies. They may just give it to you. Seriously.
posted by JohnnyGunn at 6:30 PM on September 5, 2008

I work for a high-profile company. We are encouraged to report social engineering to security (say, if someone calls us on the phone or I get am email or what-not). I have HEARD that people can get in huge trouble for this and that corporations can and do go after the perps, but that could just be work saying that to impart us to never give out this kind of confidential data...so even if you did find it someway, chances are that you would be getting the information from someone who did it illegally, I would gander to say. We are publicly traded, so the high up officers are published and known...but clear down at dept. level no way. Just sayin...
posted by Jenny is Crafty at 10:18 PM on September 5, 2008

Scroll down to "Market Research Services" on this list. Any of the companies listed there should be able to obtain the chart.
posted by mlis at 10:37 PM on September 5, 2008

« Older How do you figure seismic sway...   |  Where can I find some inexpens... Newer »