Help finding a good mechanic north of Seattle

How to find a good mechanic north of Seattle

I have a 99 Saturn sedan that needs some work. All of the mechanics I have gone to in the past have left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I don't want to pay the crazy dealer prices for service.

I live just north of the Snohomish county line in Lynnwood, so I am looking for a mechanic anywhere in the Bothell/Lynnwood/Kenmore/Mountlake Terrace area.

Any suggestions of a good mechanic in the area, or another resource to find a good mechanic?
posted by markblasco to Travel & Transportation around Seattle, WA (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Mechan-X Files
posted by kindall at 7:51 PM on August 29, 2008

It's slightly further south than you want, but we use a mechanic called "My Mechanic" off of Aurora at 96th St. He is AWESOME and very fair in pricing.
posted by proj at 7:54 PM on August 29, 2008

A bit south for you, maybe 10 miles, Kirkland/Totem Lake area---Doug's Auto Tune...not just a tune-up place...full-service, we used his shop for many years--on import as well as domestics, until we moved away... goes the extra mile, tells you what he's doing...absolute integrity.
posted by mumstheword at 8:18 PM on August 29, 2008

This mechanic is in Seattle, but in the Northern-ish part of Seattle. I have nothing but good thing to say about Mr. Taskar and co - they work on all of my family members' cars. More affordable than many other shops, too. Taskar Garage
posted by blindcarboncopy at 5:01 PM on August 30, 2008

« Older Could you point me towards som...   |  Baio-Foster-Filter: In the son... Newer »