Good oysters in Austin, TX?

Can I find good, interesting oysters in Austin, TX?

I'm in Austin, Texas for training for a few days this week. And I could really go for a dozen Belons and a nice Sancerre (not that I've ever had either, but I have been reading a lot about oysters and wine lately).

Considering that Austin has a pretty happening food scene, what are the chances I can find good oysters here? Any recommendations?
posted by the matching mole to Food & Drink (5 answers total)

I can't personally vouch for the oysters, but people have been raving all summer about Parkside, which has a wide variety of oysters and a half-off deal on Wednesdays.

There's also Quality Seafood.
posted by lunalaguna at 9:11 PM on August 24, 2008

I was going to post the same two suggestions as Lunalaguna. I haven't been to Parkside either, but from their menu it looks like you'll find a variety of oysters there. I have been to Quality Seafood, which has a very different vibe, and enjoyed it.
posted by Addlepated at 9:17 PM on August 24, 2008

McCormick & Schmick's
posted by Daddy-O at 2:35 AM on August 25, 2008

I have not been there yet, but Olivia has both Osprey Pointe (PEI) oysters (they'd better be good, at $3 apiece) and Sancerre.
posted by magicbus at 7:11 AM on August 25, 2008

Seconding Parkside. Lots of variety of oysters, and the two times I went, I found the seafood to be very fresh and tasty. Servers are smart, and will happily tell you what came in that day.
posted by Gilbert at 11:21 AM on August 25, 2008

« Older Where is there to stay on Cors...   |  What's the best way to react t... Newer »